Roles and Responsibilities
- Herbs procurement from suppliers across India.
- Identification and developing new suppliers and sources for procuring Herbal Raw Materials.
- Educating suppliers on adhering to quality in supply of HRM as per Himalayas specification.
- Field visits to the suppliers locations for quality checking, negotiation, training suppliers on GFCP (Good Field Collection Practices) and GAP (Good Agricultural Practices) and for auditing as per Himalayas quality systems.
- Developing and working with NGOs for sourcing of herbs.
- Developing cultivation sources for generally collected herbs.
- Coordinate with Transport office, liaising with forest department and other relevant agencies.
Desired Candidate Profile
Not Less than 3 Years hands-on experience in procurement of conventional and Organic herbs.
He should have knowledge in identification of Herbal raw materials and herbs suppliers' distribution across India.
He should have knowledge in Herbal raw material quality, seasonality, cultivation techniques and suitable geography.
M. Sc. - Agriculture / Botany / Forestry/ B pharm (Ayurveda) / M Pharm (Ayurveda) / MBA in Agri. Business Management after B.Sc. Agriculture. Any additional certification course / Diplomas on supply chain management, negotiation and other related subjects will be an added advantage.
Age Limit: 25-30 Years
- Strong communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Strong negotiation skills
- Willing to travel across India at relatively short notice.
- Languages: Hindi & English. Ability to communicate to North Indian suppliers. Knowing South Indian languages especially Kannada would be preferred.
- Experience in SAP based operations and proficiency in MS office is preferred.
- Should be a self-starter, with high degree of commitment, motivation, integrity and dependability.
UG:B.Sc in Agriculture, Botany
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Botany, Agriculture
The Himalaya Drug Company
Contact Company:The Himalaya Drug Company
Address:THE HIMALAYA DRUG COMPANY,,THE HIMALAYA DRUG COMPA, NY,TUMKUR ROAD,MAKALI, BANGALORE, Karnataka, India